You are hereAmigos Library Services Presents Online Conference – “Fast-Forward>>The Future of Audio Visual Materials”
Amigos Library Services Presents Online Conference – “Fast-Forward>>The Future of Audio Visual Materials”
DALLAS, TX – Amigos Library Services will present a one-day online conference, “Fast-Forward>>The Future of Audio Visual Materials” Friday, September 7. The conference will cover a variety of topics, including identification of different types of media, metadata, digitization, and the preservation of originals as well as digital copies.
The Fast Forward conference brings together a group of speakers who have practical experience working with all types of collections and the issues surrounding them. Preservation and access is an immediate concern for these collections, and developing a strategy of how to deal with them is imperative. Well known speaker George Blood knows about this firsthand and will kick off the conference with his keynote.
Two concurrent sessions will run throughout the day. Among the scheduled sessions are:
- Sounds like…?:Assessment Tools for Audio/Visual Collections, presented by Ann Marie Willer of MIT
- Voices of Extremism, 1946-1980: An Extensive Audio Documentation Digitally Unveiled, presented by Patrice-Andre Prud’homme of Illinois State University
- Taking Action: Northwestern University Library’s Digital Preservation Program for Archival Audiovisual Materials, presented by Stefan Elnabli of Northwestern University
- How Can My A/V Collection Become Relevant Again?, presented by Jennifer M. Eustis of University of Connecticut Libraries
- Reeling in Your Library’s Film Materials: Identification & Care Basics, presented by Nadia Ghasedi of Washington University in St. Louis
- Solving Processing Problems by Siobhan C. Hagan of the University of California at Los Angeles
- Audiovisual Preservation You Can Hold On To, presented by Kimberly Peach of the Association of Recorded Sound Collections
For the complete schedule and to register, click here. Early bird registration ends August 24, 2012.
About Amigos Library Services - For more than 35 years, Amigos Library Services has helped its members obtain affordable services and share library resources and knowledge. Amigos is one of the largest consortia of libraries and cultural heritage institutions in the United States. Through membership in Amigos, libraries collectively gain access to the latest innovations and services in the library community; pursue opportunities for continuing professional education; leverage our buying power; and preserve the region’s rich cultural heritage. ###